Tuesday 31 March 2009

Celebrity Inspiration IV: Megan Fox


There are many celebrities that really value fitness and nutrition. Of these, there are a very select few, male and female, who I think are at the pinnacle of fitness and nutrition and are those who give me ideas and inspire me within my own fitness and nutrition. Today I am going to focus on 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' actress Megan Fox.

Apparently Megan Fox very much depends on a trainer to help keep her going. The actress spends 30 minutes of her time doing cardio exercises that flatten and tone her abs. She begins with some warm-up movements like butterfly crunch or front planks and then she gets down to business with knee-ups, leg swings and ball leg lifts. These are meant to work on the upper part of her body. She then mixes the cardio moves with Pilates or cycling for another 30 - 45 minutes to round out her workout.

I'm very much a fan of what Megan does with her workout since I do cycling, planks and Pilates myself.

As for her diet, Megan is careful about her daily meals and really focuses on eating a healthy breakfast so she has lots of energy and doesn’t overeat later on in the day. She loves eggs and usually has them every day. Megan is also a fan of almonds because she knows they contain filling protein and fiber. They’re also a good source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that will boost the effectiveness of her abs routine effectiveness. She’s a fan of lean protein sources and eats lots of veggies and fruits to keep her full.

Although I personally limit the amount of eggs I have, I too incorporate them into my nutrition lifestyle on occasion. Foods that contain protein and fiber are also key priorities.

There are many inspirations out there, celebrity and non-celebrity. Today I chose Megan Fox but there are many more who inspire me that I will get onto in the future. It doesn't matter who inspires you. Even if it's simply yourself, feeling inspired can help you go above and beyond in all aspects of your life. Keep looking for inspiration and be an inspiration to others yourself. Feel inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.