Sunday 15 March 2009

Lee's Ab Exercises That Really Work

It was in Spring 2008 that I discovered a video on youtube with six pack ab exercises. There are many such videos online but this one stood out for me. The ab exercises featured literally sculpt your ab muscles into shape. They have helped me in liaison with healthy nutrition to get through that layer of fat I had a year ago to seeing my ab muscles just a few months later. Now the guy in the video looks like he may not have a six pack. That does not mean the ab exercises are ineffective however- trust me, they are!

The ab exercises are designed for use with a couch although you can use whatever you see fit. I at the gym for example use a bench or a chair. To break down the video, the following ab exercises are undertaken: 20 x knee ups 20 x leg raises 20 x cycles 20 x reverse crunch 20 x leg on crunches 20 x hip thrusts 20 x cross crunch (10 each side) 20 x reach and touch (10 each side) 20 x cross leg reverse crunch (10 each side) My personal favorite for effectiveness is reach and touch. I also recommend that schedule permitting, on an abdominal exercise day, you do 3 sets. I usually do 1 first thing in the morning, another either directly afterwards or as part of my gym workout or just after my gym session or whenever I get a break during the day, and the third whenever I get a break or towards the end of the day. You also don't have to do them in 6 minutes as the video suggests. Better to do it in your own time and do each exercise correctly and with maximum benefit to you.

The video is attached and also viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fU_8kJeXeE If there are any abdominal exercises you choose to do, I highly recommend you choose these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.