Tuesday 11 August 2009

What Would Tara Do?


Tara Costa was a contestant on Season 7 of 'The Biggest Loser', the television show in which overweight people need to lose weight in the fastest time possible. Tara was trained by renowned trainer Jillian Michaels. Although Tara didn't win the title (she came second), she was the one who inspired me the most. From the opening sequence in early episodes in which you would see a clip of Tara saying "I'm getting my life back!" to seeing her overcome obstacles as she won event after event each week, she was a true inspiration. Not to mention that during the 19 weeks, she lost 155lbs, the most for a woman on that show. Simply hearing her talk about her determination, and the way she gave everything so much heart, often had me with tears in my eyes as I watched her throughout the season.

After 'The Biggest Loser' Season 7 Finale, when asked how she felt about what she was able to accomplish on the show, Tara's response was:

"Knowing that I have inspired people across America is an amazing feeling! Now, I have a new life and I can continue to help others and share my weight loss knowledge with the world! I couldn't be happier - today is the beginning of a new life for me."

Now I'm not the best runner in the world, but today in the gym having recently seen Tara Costa in 'The Biggest Loser', I kept thinking as I ran- what would Tara do? By thinking that and being really determined, I was able to run for at least twice as long as I'd run before.

So anytime you're uncertain if you can do something, ask yourself- what would Tara do? Tara would never give up. Tara would persevere. Tara would lead by example. Tara would be an inspiration. Tara would get her life back. So feel inspired, and get your life back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.