Saturday 4 April 2009

Try A Triathlon

Something I have yet to try at my gym is a Triathlon. A key reason I haven't done it yet is because my current gym is fairly busy and so some equipment can be quite popular and unavailable when I wish to use it. Still, trying a Triathlon could be a great way to vary your routine.

A Triathlon involves mixing up 3 cardio exercises in an hour. One example might be the following:

- 20 minutes Rowing
- 20 minutes Running
- 20 minutes Cycling

This works out great if you only have an hour available and hope not to be bored by doing the same cardio.

Although I've yet to try a Triathlon, I do have a 3-Day Cycle of exercises so I get to vary my cardio that way. My typical 3-Day Cycle of cardio exercises currently includes the following:

Day 1- 10 minutes Running, 1 hour Cross-Trainer (Elliptical)
Day 2- 10 minutes Rowing, 10 minutes Running, 50 minutes Brisk Walking with Incline
Day 3- 10 minutes Cycling, 1 hour Cross-Trainer

My personal experience has shown that I can burn more calories using a Cross-Trainer in an hour than any other cardio I can maintain, so I incorporate this cardio into my 3-Day Cycle the most. I also get a wide body workout to my legs, arms, shoulders, chest and back.

Whether or not you choose to do a Triathlon over the period of an hour or 3 days, I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.