Saturday 4 July 2009

Today We Celebrate Our Independence Day!

Here we are, another celebration day- Independence Day 2009. And although I'm British, having lived in America, I very much feel like an American at heart. To all my American friends and those around the world that are sharing the spirit of the fourth of July- Happy Independence Day!

Now remember that as with any other special occasion, when it comes to fitness and nutrition, a celebration is just a day, not a weekend. Tomorrow, Sunday, you will be expected to be back on your disciplined nutrition lifestyle.

I don't think you should feel guilty about overindulging today, however here are some tips to help you resist overeating:

- Keep a water bottle in your hand or close by. Stay hydrated instead of stuffed.
- Grab a plate with a reasonable portion of a snack.
- Try to eat something healthy before getting to the party so you're less likely to overeat while there.
- Chew gum.
- Include activity in your life, not just exercise.

There you have it. I'll be headed off to the gym this morning. Then later today I'll be allowing myself some festive Independence Day food while tracking my calories. Let's hope we can all be level headed.

Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.