Thursday 29 January 2009

Abs- Covering Your Bases

I've read lots about what you need to do in regards to fitness and nutrition that lead to getting flat abs and/or a "six-pack'. Some of the individual methods I use may be working and others may be not I don't know, however by covering as many bases as I can I've improved my chances and have thus achieved my aim in getting strong core abs. Here are the bases I cover and would highly recommend others who wish to get firm abs should do:

1. Create a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories per day. Find out the calories you need to consume each day by using a BMR calclator, and then eat at least 500 calories less than this each day.

2. Involve weight training. Building muscle assists with weight loss. You don't have to think of weight training as a way to bulk up, but alternatively as a way to lose weight.

3. Ab exercises- Once you've got rid of any layer of fat on your stomach through healthy nutrition, ab exercises can help mould your abdominal area into shape.

4. Cardio. I currently do at least an hour each day. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up as I get older. For newcomers to fitness, 20 minutes is an adequate start, however if you really want to get results you need to push yourself, so aiming to do an hour from the start is even better, and you will excel.

5. Never Give Up- it can take time to get really fit initially but many give up when they are so close to getting the results they want. Give it a little more time and effort and the gains can be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.