Friday 9 January 2009

Do I Really Want That?

It's hard to get over snack cravings on occasion, from Ben & Jerry's ice cream to McVities Chocolate Digestives- these are just some examples of cravings. They are also so easy to reach for in a supermarket- particularly if there's a promotion on.

I find that whenever I feel tempted to reach for snacks, to avoid doing so, it helps if I ask myself- do I really want that? I need to ask myself things like- would it really change my life for the better if I had that unhealthy snack? And chances are, I may have reached for that unhealthy snack before and it didn't make my life better and I already know that. So if I already know that it's wrong why would I do it? Do I really want that?

Now there are no guarantees that having this thought will prevent you from reaching for an unhealthy snack, but it might make you think twice or reach for a smaller portion of it in the very least, and being able to control your portions and being disciplined is just one step to you taking control of your life, and leading yourself to a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.