Friday 13 February 2009

Be A Contender

Last night I was fortunate enough to be attending the Press Night of the West End play 'On The Waterfront' at the Theatre Royal Haymarket in London. It was based on the film version starring Marlon Brando and featured the classic speech in which Brando as Terry says "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."

What stuck out for me in that speech, is that the character of Terry in 'On The Waterfront' is saying that he could have been a contender. Past tense. He's acknowledging that perhaps it's too late for him.

In regards to fitness and nutrition, I would like you to remember this speech, and let it inspire you to think that in the future you don't want to be looking back and thinking you could have got in shape when you had the chance and blew it. Make healthy changes today and do them every day. By doing so, hopefully you won't be looking back someday and thinking you could have been a contender, rather you already will be a contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.