Monday 9 February 2009

"Yes We Can!"

Last night at the BAFTAs here in London, England- actor/writer/director Noel Clarke of Doctor Who/Kidulthood/Adulthood fame won the Orange Rising Star Award after campaigning really hard with the public via online avenues such as facebook. In his acceptance speech he menioned that with hard work you can make it and he ended the speech with "Yes We Can!" The video of his acceptance speech can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlcxkB6Wz4

We often hear that if you work hard you can make it, but the reality is that so many people are simply unwilling to put that hard work in. I often get asked fitness advice, and when I explain what it takes and offer to give them a plan, the person might say that now is not the time or it's too intense.

Working hard is intense. It takes true greatness to accomplish your goals. As an actor I deal with rejection all the time, but I don't let it stop me. I keep pushing hard to address challenges and always aim to improve and have a relentless determination to do so. Every day I tell myself Yes I Can. If we all do that, it's really true- "Yes We Can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.