Saturday 21 February 2009

The Relationship Between Luck and Fitness & Nutrition

Yesterday I was attending my latest acting masterclass at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. The master for the class was 'The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe' actor James McAvoy. One of the major key points James McAvoy talked about with acting was luck and how it has influenced his career. He mentioned how there are many variables that lead up to one single moment of potential.

In my acting career, although I continue to make things happen as much as I can myself, I do believe luck is a factor as to how successful I will be as an actor. Luck and chance are unfortunately something I don't have control over. I may be lucky. I may not be. That being said I do try to create moments of opportunity in which luck can exist.

I do not believe that when it comes to fitness and nutrition, it has any relationship with luck. Beyond the genes that you were born with, you are in control of how your fitness and nutrition is. You decide how much to exercise. You decide how many calories to eat each day. How successful you are with fitness and nutrition is completely up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.